Saturday, March 26, 2005

Happy Easter!
I hope the Easter Bunny finds you!
Thanks for all the great feedback on the last "Post".

I hadn't really thought much about a return trip on the river so I'm glad someone else thought of it. Do you think it is imperative that we have a cruise that starts and finishes at the same port?
I just thought that we'd start a some point and then finish at another and then head home from there. People who rented bikes at the departure point could just head directly back there once we've reached our final destination (couldn't they)?

As far as the costs go, it looks like people think $1,500 - $2,000 would be reasonable per person for a week. I just try to think what it would cost you to stay at a reasonably good hotel each night and get breakfast (and maybe dinner). As long as we can keep it close to that, I guess that would be OK.

One last thing for this "Post" - do you think providing all participants with a DVD of their trip would be very important? I can record the holiday and then professionally edit and copy the whole thing to DVD (or streaming video for internet users). Some riding shots, on-board gatherings and interviews should make it interesting and "personalize" it for everyone.
Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again for all the great feedback.
We're getting closer!
Cheers,
Darry Mc Gaw
E-mail: darrymcgaw@shaw.ca
Web site: http://members.shaw.ca/darrymcgaw

6 Comments:

At 3:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think its imperative to end up at the same spot--but if someone rents a bike in New Orleans [for instance] would need to return it there and probably catch a plane there as well. I think that a lazy cruise up the river over a period of 5 days should easily be able to return to point of origin in two days, if not overnight--It may not be critical but I think it may be preferable.

A video of the cruiuse would probably be a good seller if the price is kept down to about $20-$30 and features an interview with each person or couple for a decent amount of time, as well as terrific footage of scenic areas and attractions -- everyone loves to see themselves on TV and show their great trip to every person who will consent to watch!!

Mike Cutler

 
At 5:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most definitely you'd make to have a DVD available. One great way to get back some of the cost!

Jeffrey Potter
dgtalmn@cox.net

 
At 7:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it is not imperative that the motorcycle cruise returns to the same port as riders usually want to see more countryside and would take into consideration their holiday time and would probably choose a new route back if they had rented at the start point. Other riders who brought their own motorcycles would ride home the route of their choice from where they left the cruise.
A DVD of the trip is an excellent idea and I would want to purchase one to remember the trip, good or bad. You never know what the weather might have in store. My friends once went on a cattle drive and I have the video of the trip that year -- the hottest year ever -- but still it was quite the trip!
Happy Easter to all!

 
At 6:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think its imperative to end at the same spot but I think more people than not would feel it is. As far as the dvd I think everyone would like to have that so long as the cost is reasonable I would think in the 20-30 dollar range.

Kevin

 
At 11:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from the old school that says the ride is the thing. It would be great to start at one end and ride back a different way. The DVD would be a great idea, would make a great selling point for future rides by showing it to all our friends. BOB

 
At 7:00 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that it is not imperative to return to the same port. As long as you can prepare for the additional time required for travel back home if necessary.

A video of the trip would be great procided the cost is kept low. I think 15-20 bucks is preferable.

Eric Nerenberg
Webneck@cox.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home